Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are one of my favourite naughty treats. However, they are also full of crap. So after seeing some inspiration on the internet I decided to make my own healthy versions.
Best of all, they only required two ingredients, didn’t break the bank, were dead easy to make, and only took approx. 5 minutes! You could literally make these in a quicker time than walking to the shop and buying some.
You Will Need:
100g Dark Chocolate (go for atleast 70% so you can get the most out of the dark goodness)
Organic Peanut Butter
1. First up, break the dark chocolate up in a pan and heat up on the hob. Stir frequently to make sure none of the chocolate sticks to the pan. Do this until all the chocolate has melted, being careful to not burn the chocolate.
2. Next up, pour a thin layer of the melted chocolate into the bottom of the cupcake case.
3. Top with a blob of peanut butter. The more, the better.
4. Top the peanut butter with more dark chocolate.
5. Repeat until all the chocolate has gone. I found that with 100g this made 3, however mine were very chocolaty and I could have made 5. If you want to make more, simply buy more chocolate.
6. When you’re done, simply pop them in the fridge and leave them to set for a couple of hours.
It’s that simple! One thing I would recommend is don’t do what I do and just leave them with no support. Either put them in a cake tin or use silicone cupcake cases, as the dark chocolate was so heavy that they turned into a pretty deformed shape! Still delicious, but not as pretty.
This is a simple, easy, cheap recipe that can be done anywhere, and won’t fill your body with loads of sickly crap. You are welcome!